Certified Agile Team Coach (ICP-ACC) certification is your gateway to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts. This course is designed to help you develop and nurture teams while recognising the vital role that teams and organisations play as human systems.
A significant aspect of this certification is dedicated to cultivating a deep understanding of the professional coaching skillset and the immense value it brings when applied to support individuals within an Agile team. We provide practical tools and frameworks to facilitate your coaching journey, emphasising ‘real play’ over ‘role play’.
- Public Course Options: Online
- Duration: 5 days (9:30 – 3pm UK)
- Level: Intermediate
- Extras: 45 days of Agile Success Academy membership
Certified Agile Team Coach is delivered in partnership with Sheev
Upcoming Certified Agile Team Coach Training:
What is included?
- Training from seasoned Agile coaches who bring over a decade of experience to the classroom
- Access to the training Miro board that is worked on during the class, as well as supporting course materials after the training
- Registration for the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Team Coach (ICP-ACC) certification
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our Growing Scrum Masters self-paced programme
- 24 SEUs and 24 PDUs
- Course completion certificate
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Certified Agile Team Coach course.
There is no exam required to earn this certification. All you need to do is meet the certification criteria and attend the full Agile Team Coach (ICP-ACC) course taught by our experienced coaches & trainers.
When you successfully complete your class and your post-class survey, you’ll earn a certificate that you can share with employers and your professional network. Certificates are downloadable PDFs configured for uploading and sharing on LinkedIn.
Who is this course for?
This knowledge-based certification was designed for agile coaches and aspiring coaches who have a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of agile teams.
Roles such as these will all benefit tremendously by taking the Agile Team Coach certification:
- Agile Coaches
- Aspiring Agile Coaches
- Agile Project Managers
- Iteration Managers
- Scrum Masters
There are no rigid prerequisites for attending this training. However, as this is an intermediate-level course for practitioners, delegates should have 6 months of agile experience. Dedicated coaching experience is not required. Instead, we will build upon the knowledge you already have working with agile teams.
Full attendance and participation are mandatory. The trainer will formally assess delegates to meet the certification criteria throughout the course. Upon successful completion, you will receive the ICAgile ICP-ACC certification.
Although it is not a formal prerequisite, we have found that this training is best for attendees after they have completed an agile foundation course (such as Scrum Foundations, Agile Fundamentals or Certified Scrum Masters or Professional Scrum Master).
This course requires a minimum attendance of 21 hours. As long as the ICP-ACC prerequisites are met, full attendance and participation will result in registration as a ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Team Coach (ICP-ACC).
What do I need?
- We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure they can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device.
- A reliable internet connection is vital.
What will I learn?
- The role of the Agile Coach in a business
- The desired internal wiring of a successful Agile Coach
- To develop the Agile mindset
- The responsibilities of a coach
- The Coaching Arc
- Contrasting coaching with mentoring, teaching and facilitating
- To understand team dynamics and coach the team to become self-aware and motivated
- Defining the coaching contract and maintaining neutrality
- The Coaching Alliance
- Mentoring Agile roles and transitions
- Team building and collaboration
- Handling conflict and dysfunctions within the team
- Breaking down impediments to team success
- Handling resistance from individuals
- Identifying and addressing issues
- Coaching a high-performance team
- Different Coaching formats
- Create your personal coaching improvement backlog
Our approved guide-level practitioners have a wealth of experience and deep expertise in agile methodologies.
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses are available to be delivered in-house for your team or organisation
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
About Your Trainers
This Certified Agile Team Coach course will be delivered by the below ICAgile Authorized Instructors:
Certified Agile Team Coach Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the registered person participates in the course. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
Why become a Certified Agile Team Coach?
- Help your clients realise their objectives that may be just outside of their reach, even in the face of uncertainty.
- Acquire skills through agile coach training and start your professional coaching journey, creating safe environments and how to resolve conflict and help your teams to resolve blockers that are preventing them from success.
- Stand out from the crowd with the ICAgile Certified Professional Agile Coach certification and demonstrate that you have the skill set to do the work required of an Agile Team Coach
- Designed by Professional Coaches and Certified Training from the back of the Room Trainers using research-backed adult learning techniques
Gain the skills you need to be an effective coach and mentor, and help nurture agility in your business.
- Great coaches bring the best out of their teams and help them achieve their true potential.
- Great coaches are crucial to the success of any digital transformation.
- And great coaches are in high demand in most businesses that want to be agile and human-centred.
- A key part of this training focuses on developing professional coaching skills, which you will be able to apply to the teams you coach and the team members you mentor.
- We will introduce tools and frameworks to help you on your coaching journey.
- This course will be deeply experiential, and you’ll be immersed in hands-on coaching exercises to reinforce the theories behind coaching. We will apply the concept of ‘real play’, not ‘role play’.
Our training packages aim to serve you. They help you define a clear pathway for your professional development with a range of training at a more cost-effective price.
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch. We will work with you to create a bespoke training pathway that suits your or your team’s learning aspirations at a price that suits your budget.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below: