Learn to build and enhance upstream Kanban systems in our Kanban for Design and Innovation course. Develop skills in designing, maintaining, and innovating end-to-end workflows with hands-on practice, STATIK workshops, and real-world case studies.
This course is the equivalent of the Kanban System Improvements course (KSI) but focuses on upstream Kanban systems rather than downstream delivery. It can be offered as a one-day add-on module for those who have already completed KSI training.
- Public Course Options: Online
- Duration: 3 days (10:00 – 16:00 UK) or 1 day for those with KSI accreditation
- Level: Intermediate
- Extras: 45 days of Agile Success Academy membership
Kanban for Design and Innovation is delivered in partnership with Ripple Rock
Upcoming Kanban for Design and Innovation (KDI):
What is included?
- Training from an accredited Kanban Trainer who brings a wealth of experience in Kanban and Scrum
- An electronic version of course slides, materials and workshop output will be provided after the training
- Registration for the certification with Kanban University
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our Growing Scrum Masters self-paced programme
- 16 SEUs / PDUs (3-day course)
- Course completion certificate
- If you have completed the Kanban System Design class, then the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential certificate will be issued. Please get in contact if you are not sure.
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Kanban for Design and Innovation course.
There is no exam required to earn this certification.
Who is this course for?
This course is suited for those who want to acquire solid knowledge about the core of the Kanban method and want to design or improve upstream Kanban systems. This includes but is not limited to:
- Managers and team members who want to get more out of their current Kanban system
- Product Owners, Business Analysts, anyone in the role of SRM or a Design and Innovation role
- Project Managers – to further their knowledge and application of upstream systems
- Anyone interested in learning how to manage and shape demand
- Those wanting to learn to Scale Kanban across an enterprise
There are no prerequisites for attending this training.
Full attendance and participation will result in registration for Kanban for Design and Innovation accreditation.
Attendees who complete both KSI & KDI classes are eligible for the Kanban Management Professional designation. Please ask if you are not sure.
What do I need?
- We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure they can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device.
- A reliable internet connection is vital.
What will I learn?
- Explore deeper Kanban practices to sustain evolutionary improvements.
- Learn about the Kanban Maturity Model (KMM).
- How you can use the cadences to create feedback loops.
- Establish an upstream Kanban system
- Engage stakeholders from different organizational levels and departments in idea generation and decision making
- Manage and shape demand
- Scale Kanban across an enterprise
- Apply evolutionary change thinking when leading improvement in organizations
This workshop is hands-on, using various exercises, games, and Kanban simulations alongside instructor-led discussions and presentations.
Our approved guide-level practitioners have a wealth of experience and deep expertise in agile methodologies.
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses are available to be delivered in-house for your team or organisation
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
About Your Trainers
This Kanban for Design and Innovation course will be delivered by the below Accredited Kanban Trainer:
Kanban for Design and Innovation Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the registered person participates in the course. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
Why gain Kanban for Design and Innovation certification?
Why is this course important?
This course will teach the tools and techniques to successfully build and maintain end-to-end Kanban systems with a special focus on creating and improving the upstream design and innovation function. Attendees will get hands-on practice developing an upstream Kanban board, gain experience running a STATIK workshop for upstream development, be introduced to the Kanban Maturity Model, take part in exercises in turbulent flow and failure demand, and apply learning through real-world case studies.
This class is the equivalent of the Kanban System Improvements class (KSI) class but focuses on upstream Kanban systems, rather than downstream delivery.
Our training packages aim to serve you. They help you define a clear pathway for your professional development with a range of training at a more cost-effective price.
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch. We will work with you to create a bespoke training pathway that suits your or your team’s learning aspirations at a price that suits your budget.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below: