Join our hands-on Agile Analysis & User Stories training to grasp Agile and Scrum concepts fully. This practical course covers the whole user story journey, helping you learn how to understand customer needs, write impactful stories, and support their implementation – suitable for all, regardless of prior Agile experience.
- Private Course Options: Online or In-Person
- Duration: 2 Days
- Level: Foundation
- Extras: 12 months of free access to our On-demand Working With User Stories course and 45 days of Agile Success Academy membership
What is included?
- A two-day immersive learning experience facilitated by a highly respected, globally renowned trainer with over 15 years of experience
- Access to supporting course materials
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our ever-growing library of self-paced, on-demand courses, live masterclasses, private learner community, and live Q&A sessions with experienced trainers
- 12 months of free access to our On-demand Working With User Stories course
In this hands-on training, participants will gain an in-depth understanding of how to work with user stories within an Agile and Scrum context. This is not a theoretical class. It is highly interactive, and participants will gain practical experience applying all the techniques covered in this training. We will explore the entire lifecycle of a user story, from how they are created to when they are ‘done’. This course is suitable for anyone, regardless of their prior knowledge and experience of Agile working methods.
Participants will walk away from the training with the practical tools they need to understand customer needs, map the user journey, write great user stories, add appropriate detail and acceptance criteria, and support the implementation of user stories.
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Agile Analysis & User Stories course.
Who is this course for?
- The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Agile methods or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Agile and/or Scrum.
- This course is designed for anyone involved across the full range of Agile roles but in particular, those playing the Product Owner role and/or Business Analyst roles.
- Those with the following roles within their organisation will find this course valuable:
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Agile Coaches
- Team Leaders
- Development Team Members (BAs, Developers, Architects, Designers, Testers, etc.)
- Project / Product Managers
- Functional / Departmental Managers
This course is suitable for anyone, regardless of their prior knowledge and experience of Agile working methods.
What do I need?
- You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees.
- We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure they can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device.
- A reliable internet connection is vital.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to agile and how agility can help teams to operate in a climate of complexity and rapid change
- The challenges with traditional requirements and how user stories can overcome them
- The history of user stories and why they emerged
- How to understand your customers and their key needs, desires and pains
- How to facilitate a user story mapping workshop
- How to write great user stories
- How to split user stories
- How to gain a shared understanding through structured conversations and adding acceptance criteria to user stories
- How to size and prioritise user stories
- Real-world examples from an instructor with 15+ years of experience
- Agile Overview
- Introduction To User Stories
- Understanding Customers – User Personas
- Understanding Customers – Jobs To Be Done
- User Story Mapping
- Writing Effective User Stories
- Splitting User Stories
- Adding Details & Acceptance Criteria
- The Definition of Done and Ready
- Non-Functional Requirements
- Sizing User Stories
- Ordering the Product Backlog
- Continuous Product Discovery
- Participant-Generated Q&A Session
Our trainers have over a decade of real-world experience and deep expertise in agile frameworks
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses can be delivered in-house for your team or organisation to deliver value more efficiently
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
This Agile Analysis & User Stories course will be delivered by one of the below trainers:
Agile Analysis & User Stories Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the course takes place. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
If you are looking to book multiple courses and/or workshops, we offer a way to plan your career growth without breaking the bank.
We will work with you to create a bespoke journey that aligns perfectly with your or your team’s learning goals, all while accommodating your budget. Get in touch to book your workshop package today!
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies), please click the button below: