Our Certified Scrum Product Owner training teaches you how to apply Scrum to build great products. Learn the basics of Scrum with practical guidance on how to apply it to your organisation, transforming ideas into working features, products and services that customers love.
- Public Course Options: Online or In Person
- Duration: 2 days or 4 days
- Level: Foundation
- Extras: 45 days Agile Success Academy membership
Upcoming Certified Scrum Product Owner Training
What is included?
- An immersive learning experience facilitated by a highly respected Certified Scrum Trainer ® (CST)
- Access to supporting course materials
- Registration for the Certified Scrum Product Owner certification
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – giving you access to exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our Scrum Master Preparation Exams and Introduction to Agile and Scrum on-demand courses
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs)
- Project Management Professionals ® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
- 12 months of free access to our on-demand Introduction to Agile and Scrum training (worth $179)
In our comprehensive CSPO course, you’ll delve into the framework, principles, and values that drive the success of Scrum. Gain essential skills and tools that will empower you to excel in your role. Discover the art of balancing multiple stakeholders’ needs, immerse yourself in hands-on exercises to create a compelling product vision, and uncover innovative strategies to deeply understand your customers.
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Certified Scrum Product Owner course.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum.
The course is aimed at those performing or about to take over the role of the Product Owner. It is also suitable for:
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
- Line Managers
- Scrum Master
And anyone who wishes to deepen their knowledge of Scrum and Product Ownership.
No experience in Agile / Scrum is necessary to enrol on this course. If you have time to do so before the course, please refresh your understanding of Scrum by reading the Scrum Guide or completing the on-demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training on our Agile Success Academy.
This course requires a minimum attendance of 16 hours. Full attendance and active participation throughout the training will result in your registration as a Certified Scrum Product Owner®.
If you’re unsure whether the CSM or the CSPO is the right course for you, this short assessment on the Scrum Alliance website should help you to make an informed choice and discover which course aligns best with your career goals and aspirations.
There is no exam required to earn this certification. All you need to do is successfully attend our CSPO course taught by a qualified Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®).
Upon completion of the course, you’ll receive a warm welcome email from Scrum Alliance®, inviting you to accept the license agreement for your CSPO certification. Once you’ve accepted the agreement, you’ll gain immediate access to download and print copies of your well-deserved certification.
What do I need?
- You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees.
- Refreshments, including lunch are included.
- We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure you can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device.
- A reliable internet connection is vital.
For more on the difference between online and in-person courses, take a look at our video here.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to agile and how agility can help teams to operate in a climate of complexity and rapid change,
- The Scrum framework, including deep dives into the roles, artefacts, commitments and events,
- An end-to-end simulation of how to get going with a product
- How to craft an inspiring Product Vision and Product Strategy, and Roadmap,
- How to work effectively with user stories, including User Story Mapping, writing stories, splitting stories, and adding acceptance criteria,
- Advanced Product Backlog management and prioritisation techniques,
- How effective, multi-level planning and forecasting work with Scrum,
- How to separate the myths from the facts,
- Real-world examples from an instructor with 15+ years of experience.
Our Certified Scrum Trainers® have over a decade of real-world experience and deep expertise in agile methodologies.
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses are available to be delivered in-house for your team or organisation
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
About Your Trainer
This Certified Scrum Product Owner course will be delivered by one of the below Certified Scrum Trainers:
Certified Scrum Product Owner Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the registered person participates in the course. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
Why become a CSPO?
Scrum’s primary selling point has traditionally been ‘the art of doing twice the work in half the time’, yet it’s so much more than that. It’s about producing great work that leverages creativity and collaboration amongst teams to deliver valuable outcomes that delight customers. Frequently and consistently.
What is the value of becoming a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)?
Becoming a CSPO opens the door to exciting opportunities in the agile world. It validates your expertise in product ownership and demonstrates your commitment to delivering value to customers. CSPO certification enhances your professional credibility and increases your marketability, allowing you to stand out in a competitive job market.
How does CSPO certification benefit my career?
CSPO certification equips you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel as a Product Owner. It demonstrates your ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders, prioritise product features, and deliver exceptional value to customers. This valuable credential boosts your career prospects, leading to enhanced job opportunities, higher earning potential, and the potential for leadership roles in product management.
How does CSPO certification benefit my organisation?
By obtaining a CSPO certification, you become an invaluable asset to your organisation. You will possess the skills to facilitate effective communication between stakeholders and development teams, ensure alignment of product goals with business objectives, and drive customer-centric product development. This leads to improved efficiency, faster time-to-market, and the delivery of high-quality products that meet customer needs and expectations.
Our training packages aim to serve you. They help you define a clear pathway for your professional development with a range of training at a more cost-effective price.
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch. We will work with you to create a bespoke training pathway that suits your or your team’s learning aspirations at a price that suits your budget.
When and where is the training?
The training runs from 09:30 to 17:30 on both days. Please be on time as there is a lot to cover.
The training venue is:
etc.venues (Chancery Lane)
50-52 Chancery Lane
Click here to view on Google Maps.
Do I need to bring any equipment with me?
You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees, and you are welcome to take notes in that or in your own notepad.
Are refreshments included?
A complimentary continental breakfast will be served from 08:30; a hot buffet at lunchtime and fresh fruit, snacks and hot drinks are available throughout the day.
If you have any dietary requirements, please email us no later than five days prior to training to ensure your needs can be accommodated at email@example.com.
What should I wear?
The training is highly interactive and will involve lots of participation. You are invited to dress comfortably (jeans, trainers and even shorts & sandals will be perfectly fine!).
Planning your stay:
If you would like any assistance with planning your travel and accommodation, we will be happy to help you.
Should you have any special requirements or assistance need that you need us to accommodate, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can ensure the course is accessible for all and make the necessary arrangements for you. Anything you share with us will be kept confidential.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies), please click the button below