During this course you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. You will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and value streams. You will also learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Next SAFe® Release Train Engineer course:
SAFe® Release Train Engineer is delivered by Ivar Jacobson International, our training partner.
This course is accredited by Scaled Agile® and on passing the exam, participants will receive the SAFe Release Train Engineer certification.
Take a look at our SAFe® – RTE training schedule for upcoming dates.
We’ve created a handy one-page guide for this course.
12 months free On-Demand Intro to Agile & Scrum with every SAFe® course
Want private SAFe® training for your organisation? Find out more
Upcoming SAFe® Release Train Engineer Training
About Your Trainers
This course will be trained by the below trainers
Keith de Mendonca
What will you learn on the SAFe® RTE course?
- Effectively perform the role of the Release Train Engineer
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains and value streams
- Support value delivery in large and complex value streams
- Facilitate activities that foster relentless improvement in the Agile Release Train
- Build a high-performing Agile Release Train by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Continue your learning journey and develop an ART action plan
This course consists of 24 hours of remote training delivered over four days (6 hours per session).
This allows participants time to process, reflect, practice new learnings, raise questions, and helps to maximise the learning outcome.
Who should attend a SAFe® RTE course?
- Release Train Engineers
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
What will you get on the SAFe® RTE course?
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® Release Train Engineer certification exam
- The Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer credential (after passing exam)
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Access to supporting course materials
- Project Management Professionals ® (PMP) can claim 24 PMI PDUs
- Training from seasoned SAFe Trainers who bring a wealth of experience to the classroom
- 12 months free access to our On-Demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training
More on SAFe® Release Train Engineer
All are welcome to attend the course regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
– Experience in the Release Train Engineer role
– Experience in working with SAFe®
This course requires minimum attendance of 16 hours. Full attendance and participation will result in the registration for the online SAFe® Release Train Engineer exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, attendees will hold Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer status.
To help delegates refresh and develop their Scrum knowledge, purchases of SAFe® Release Train Engineer training with Agile Centre includes 12 months free access to our On-demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training, worth £250.
This online, on-demand modular training is a high-impact video course covering why modern organisations need a new approach to business, as well as exploring the Theory, Practices, and Rules of Scrum.
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
Delegates will automatically be enrolled onto this on-demand course upon registration to the SAFe® Release Train Engineer training.
We will be using MURAL and Zoom. We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure you can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device. Reliable internet connection is vital.
Cancellation is possible up to 30 days before the start of a course with a 10% admin charge*. After that point, the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses including cancellation and transfer policies here**.
*This course is through a partner organisation and any admin fees are charged by their organisation.
**Course bookings through our training partners are subject to their Terms & Conditions
How does online training differ to an in-person course?
The course structure and content itself is very similar. The Learning Outcomes are the same, as is the Certification. Being a live delivery, we include many more breaks. We have also amended the in-person course with exercises more appropriate and effective for an online/remote experience. Watch the short video below with trainer Karim Harbott to find out more about our live, online training.https://youtu.be/KPYfXZe9EFchttps://youtu.be/KPYfXZe9EFc
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below