Certified Scrum Master training teaches you how to collaborate creatively to produce the most valuable work in the right way and at the right time. This course not only aids professional development but also teaches you the basics of Scrum with practical guidance on how to apply it to your organisation.
- Public Course Options: Online or In Person
- Duration: 2 days or 4 days
- Level: Foundation
- Extras: 45 days Agile Success Academy membership, including our Scrum Master Preparation Exams
Upcoming Certified Scrum Master Training
What is included?
- An immersive learning experience facilitated by a highly respected Certified Scrum Trainer ® (CST)
- Access to supporting course materials
- Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster ® (CSM) exam
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our Scrum Master Preparation Exams and Introduction to Agile and Scrum on-demand courses
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you get access to exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- 16 Scrum Education Units® (SEUs)
- Project Management Professionals ® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
- 12 months of free access to our on-demand Introduction to Agile and Scrum training (worth $179)
Our comprehensive CSM course encompasses Agile values and principles, Scrum theory, practices, and rules, and offers practical advice for implementing Scrum and improving your organisation. You’ll also gain the skills to swiftly overcome obstacles and foster innovation through continuous improvement.
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Certified Scrum Master course.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for everyone who is about to start using Scrum or has already gathered some experience and wants to deepen their understanding of Scrum.
The Scrum Master role is the focus of the course – however, it is suitable for team members or managers who would like an introduction to Scrum.
No experience in Agile / Scrum is necessary to enrol on this course. If you have time to do so before the course, please refresh your understanding of Scrum by reading the Scrum Guide or completing our On-Demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training.
This course requires a minimum attendance of 16 hours. Full attendance and participation will result in the online Certified ScrumMaster exam registration. Upon successful completion of the exam, attendees will hold Certified ScrumMaster status.
If you’re unsure whether the CSM or the CSPO is the right course for you, this short assessment on the Scrum Alliance website should help you to make an informed choice and discover which course aligns best with your career goals and aspirations.
Scrum Master Certification Exam
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Pass Mark: 37/50 (74%)
- Duration: 60 minutes, within 90 days of training
- Material Allowed: Open Book – you can use the Scrum guide or our Scrum Master Prep for reference
This course is accredited by the Scrum Alliance®, and on successful completion of this class and passing the exam; participants will receive the Certified ScrumMaster® certification.
N.B Two attempts to pass the exam are included in the cost of the course; Scrum Alliance will charge $25 for additional attempts to sit the exam.
What do I need?
- You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees.
- Refreshments, including lunch are included.
- We require delegates to use a laptop, computer or device with a large screen to ensure you can participate without the limitations of using a smaller device.
- A reliable internet connection is vital.
For more on the difference between online and in-person courses, take a look at our video here.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to agile and how agility can help teams to operate in a climate of complexity and rapid change,
- Experience real Scrum in action through interactive exercises, including an end-to-end Scrum simulation,
- The Scrum framework, including deep dives into the roles, artefacts, commitments and events,
- An introduction to team dynamics and how to create high-performing, self-managing teams,
- How to create an environment for high engagement and motivation,
- How effective, multi-level planning and forecasting work with Scrum,
- How to separate the myths from the facts,
- Real-world examples from an instructor with 15+ years of experience.
Our Certified Scrum Trainers® have over a decade of real-world experience and deep expertise in agile methodologies.
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses are available to be delivered in-house for your team or organisation
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
This Certified Scrum Master course will be delivered by one of the below Certified Scrum Trainers:
Certified Scrum Master Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the registered person participates in the course. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
Why become a Certified Scrum Master?
Scrum’s primary selling point has traditionally been ‘the art of doing twice the work in half the time’, yet it’s so much more than that. It’s about producing great work that leverages creativity and collaboration amongst teams to deliver valuable outcomes that delight customers. Frequently and consistently.
Creating a mediocre product twice as quickly isn’t a win for anyone and that’s where a truly great Scrum Master comes into a class of their own.
By leveraging Scrum and Scrum values, the Scrum Master is the glue that binds the Scrum Team together and becomes the catalyst for progression, continuous improvement, and growing hyper-productive teams. They aggressively remove impediments to progress, act as both the guardian and facilitator of Scrum within the organisation, and foster a culture of high performance through servant leadership and coaching.
A Scrum Master is not the source of competitive advantage for your company, but they are an integral part of building and sustaining competitive advantage within the organisation. They are also critical drivers of increased employee satisfaction and retention, as well as increased customer satisfaction and retention. Their effectiveness and influence as a servant leader are tangible and measurable in the value of each product increment delivered within each Sprint cycle.
Our training packages aim to serve you. They help you define a clear pathway for your professional development with a range of training at a more cost-effective price.
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch. We will work with you to create a bespoke training pathway that suits your or your team’s learning aspirations at a price that suits your budget.
When and where is the training?
The training runs from 09:30 to 17:30 on both days. Please be on time as there is a lot to cover.
The training venue is:
etc.venues (Chancery Lane)
50-52 Chancery Lane
Click here to view it on Google Maps.
Do I need to bring any equipment with me?
You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees, and you are welcome to take notes in that or in your own notepad.
Are refreshments included?
A complimentary continental breakfast will be served from 08:30; a hot buffet at lunchtime and fresh fruit, snacks and hot drinks are available throughout the day.
If you have any dietary requirements, please email us no later than five days prior to training to ensure your needs can be accommodated at email@example.com.
What should I wear?
The training is highly interactive and will involve lots of participation. You are invited to dress comfortably (jeans, trainers and even shorts & sandals will be perfectly fine!).
Planning your stay:
If you would like any assistance with planning your travel and accommodation, we will be happy to help you.
Should you have any special requirements or assistance need that you need us to accommodate, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can ensure the course is accessible for all and make the necessary arrangements for you. Anything you share with us will be kept confidential.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below: