The official “Training from the BACK of the Room” (TBR) Practitioner Class is a globally-acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning.
In this 2-day in-person TBR Practitioner class, you’ll explore how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. And you’ll be introduced to “cognitive neuroscience” concepts – the brain science behind all effective instructional design and human learning.
Next Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner course:
This course is accredited by Bowperson Publishing and Training, Inc. (BPT) on successfully completing this class and demonstrating the required learning outcomes, participants will receive Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner certification.
Take a look at our TBR training schedule for upcoming dates.
We’ve created a handy one-page guide for this course.
12 months free On-Demand Intro to Agile & Scrum with every TBR
Want private TBR training for your organisation? Find out more
Upcoming Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Training
This in-person course is delivered over 2 full days.
About Your Trainers
This Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner course will be delivered by the below TBR Authorised Instructor:
What will you learn on the TBR training?
- Explore six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science.
- Apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others.
- Experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to design any class or training you facilitate.
- Create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
What will you receive on the TBR training?
- Attendance of the course and engagement with each of the learning objectives will enable you to get the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner certificate.
- Training from seasoned Agile coaches who bring over a decade of experience to the classroom
- Course completion certificate
- A 55-page resource workbook, as well as hard copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.
- 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs
- 12 months free access to our On-Demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training
More on Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner
This course is suitable for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning. This includes Scrum Masters, Agile Project Managers, Agile Coaches, aspiring coaches, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and anyone who desires to explore the power of facilitation.
Delegates will be emailed some pre-course reading and videos to watch before attending the course.
Full attendance and participation is mandatory. Throughout the course, delegates will be formally assessed by the trainer to ensure the certification criteria are met. Upon successful completion, attendees will be registered for the TBR Practitioner certification.
Purchases of Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner training with Agile Centre includes 12 months of free access to our On-demand Introduction to Agile & Scrum training, worth £250.
This online, on-demand modular training is a high-impact video course covering why modern organisations need a new approach to business, as well as exploring the Theory, Practices, and Rules of Scrum.
- 2 hours of on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Certificate of completion
Delegates will automatically be enrolled on this on-demand course upon registration to the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner course.
You do not need to bring a laptop or any other equipment with you. A comprehensive workbook will be provided, and you are welcome to take notes in that or in your own notepad. The training is highly interactive and will involve lots of participation. You are invited to dress comfortably.
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due independent of whether the registered person takes part in the course or not. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
This interactive in-person course runs from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm (UK) over 2 days. We allow for regular breaks throughout each day.
You will receive an exclusive resource workbook that is only available with this class, as well as hard copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
5 Great Takeaways from TBR Practitioner Training
- All the brain-based, interactive strategies that you’ll experience during the class are content-independent, meaning that you can use them with any subject or topic, even the driest or most technical ones.
- All the learning activities that you’ll collect during the class are from 1- to 5-minutes in length, which means that they’re really easy to insert into any class or training program. You’ll create your own trainer’s toolbag full of these short, quick learning strategies.
- You’ll experience everything you’ll be learning about, including six major brain-science principles that make learner-centred, brain-based instruction so successful and exciting.
- You’ll design one of your own classes or training programs, using your own topic, your trainer’s toolbag strategies, and the instructional design model called “The 4Cs Map.” And you’ll receive peer feedback during the class to help you polish what you’ve designed.
- You’ll leave with an awesome collection of resources: 2x books and 1x workbook; a trainer’s toolbag full of activities you can use immediately; 6 brain-science principles, the 4Cs Map; innovative and interactive ways to use PowerPoint; fun learning aids; and dozens of other digital resources to enhance your own teaching and training skills.
And here is a bonus takeaway: If you already have the books “Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick!” you’ll get to experience both books in action, which is hugely different from just reading the books!
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below