The official “Training from the BACK of the Room” (TBR) Practitioner Class is a globally acclaimed, interactive, skills-building train-the-trainer class for anyone who is a trainer, teacher, instructor, coach, or facilitator of learning.
In this two-day in-person TBR Practitioner class, you’ll explore how the human brain really learns, which is very different from traditional assumptions about learning. And you’ll be introduced to “cognitive neuroscience” concepts – the brain science behind all effective instructional design and human learning.
- Private Course Options: Online or In-Person
- Duration: 2 days
- Level: Intermediate
- Extras: 45 days of Agile Success Academy membership
Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) is delivered in partnership with Sheev
What is included?
- Training from a seasoned Agile coach who bring over a decade of experience to the classroom
- Access to supporting course materials
- 45 days of free access to our Agile Success Academy, including our Growing Scrum Masters self-paced programme
- Course completion certificate
- A 55-page resource workbook, as well as hard copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
- 16 SEUs and 16 PDUs
Download our comprehensive course guide for detailed information about the content covered in our Training from the Back of the Room course.
Although there is no official Training from the BACK of the Room (TBR) exam, the course trainer determines appropriate means for retention of the learning outcomes. Depending on your provider, there may be some assessment in order to earn certification.
For example, we assess participation, activity and understanding conveyed via exercises and discussion, withholding certificates when appropriate.
Pre-work is provided ahead of the course via email and the student workbook.
Attendance of the course and engagement with each of the learning objectives will enable you to get the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner certificate.
Who is this course for?
This knowledge-based certification is intended for Agile team leaders or aspiring team leaders with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice the art of facilitation in the context of team facilitation and coaching.
Relevant roles include:
- Agile Project Managers
- Agile Coaches
- aspiring coaches
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- and anyone with the desire to explore the power of facilitation.
There are no rigid prerequisites for attending this training. However, as this is an intermediate-level course for practitioners, delegates should have 6 months of agile experience. Instead, we will build upon the knowledge you already have working with agile teams.
Total attendance and participation are mandatory. The trainer will formally assess delegates to meet the certification criteria throughout the course. Upon successful completion, you will receive the Training from the BACK of the Room (TBR) Practitioner certification.
What do I need?
- You do not need to bring a laptop or other equipment. A comprehensive workbook will be provided to all attendees.
- Refreshments, including lunch are included.
What will I learn?
This course covers three main competencies required to be a certified Training from the Back of the Room (TBR) Practitioner.
During the class, you will:
- Explore six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science.
- Apply these principles every time you train, teach, instruct, or coach others.
- Experience and collect dozens of interactive instructional strategies that you can use with any topic and any group of learners.
- Use the 4Cs Map – a powerful 4-step instructional design and delivery model – to design any class or training you facilitate.
- Create a training plan specific to a topic you already teach.
- Receive a 55-page resource workbook that is only available with this class, as well as hard copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: ”Training from the BACK of the Room!” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick.”
Our approved guide-level practitioners have a wealth of experience and deep expertise in agile methodologies.
Gain access to e-learning courses, tools and more with 45 days of access to our Agile Success Academy
All of our courses are available to be delivered in-house for your team or organisation
This course is available as part of a training package to maximise your training budget
About Your Trainers
This Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner course will be delivered by the below TBR Authorised Instructor:
Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner Training Information and FAQs
Cancellation is possible up to two weeks before the start of a course without cost. After that point, the full course fee is due regardless of whether the registered person participates in the course. Participants can be substituted without charge.
You can find full details of our terms and conditions for our training courses, including cancellation and transfer policies, here.
Why gain the Training from the Back of the Room Practitioner certification?
This training course enables you to grow your toolkit as an Agile Coach.
- Designing and Presenting Meetings – How to design and present meetings with a clear purpose and various group activities to achieve desired outcomes.
- Facilitate collaborative sessions – Unlock the skills needed to facilitate collaborative sessions with a clear decision scope while creating specific agile framework meetings that overcome obstacles and achieve overall purpose and outcomes.
- Lead collaborative conversations – Learn how to lead better, more meaningful conversations, resulting in increased capacity to give and receive feedback.
- Design retrospective techniques – Acquire the knowledge and understanding to use and design retrospectives techniques depending on a team’s context, enabling learners to build trust and work through common pitfalls.
- Facilitate Agile Meetings – Design and facilitate Agile meetings in various contexts and for varied team maturity levels
- Teaching Toolkit – Acquire a new teaching tool kit enabling participants to facilitate sessions for full participation.
Our training packages aim to serve you. They help you define a clear pathway for your professional development with a range of training at a more cost-effective price.
If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, get in touch. We will work with you to create a bespoke training pathway that suits your or your team’s learning aspirations at a price that suits your budget.
Can’t see what you’re looking for?
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for on this page, please reach out to a member of our experienced team here.
For more details on our terms and conditions for our training courses (including cancellation and transfer policies) please click the button below: