Yes, you do get course materials.
At the end of the course, I will share the course presentation PDF with you and if you are at an in-person Certified Scrum Master course, you will receive a print version of the course materials.
We take great pride in presenting you with beautifully designed and printed course materials.
Everything you need to know for the Certified Scrum Master course is included in those course materials and everything you will need to pass the CSM online examination is also included.
Further reading recommendations are included in the course materials to help you identify which books might best serve you on your Scrum Master journey.
Scrum Master Book Recommendations
In terms of textbooks, we do not provide any as part of the course. Partly because it is not a requirement for the course and partly because there are such a wide variety of potential paths you could walk down as a Scrum Master that it would be best for you to choose which work best for you.
We do provide a recommended reading list for Scrum Masters as part of the course.
We understand that it can be costly and time consuming to figure out which books would best work for you and as such, we recommend books that we know will be a great fit for you as a new Scrum Master.
For example, we might recommend 3 books on team facilitation and a non-fiction book such as ‘Start with Why’ by Simon Sinek to help you figure out vision and purpose.
We have a wide reading list, in addition to Scrum-related books, that help you with everything from team dynamics through to Intention-based leadership.
Our book recommendations are there to help guide you in the direction that most resonates with you and to save you both time and money.
Visit our Scrum Master Reading Lists section for more information on which books will best serve you as a Scrum Master. If you are interested in becoming a Scrum Master, visit our Certified Scrum Master course page.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?