You are going to learn Scrum.
The Certified Scrum Master course introduces you to the scrum environment. You will learn about the different roles within the scrum team, and you will learn about the scrum events and artefacts that are contained within the Scrum framework.
Within the first few hours of the CSM course, you are going to be learning about Scrum theory and the history of Agile.
You are introduced to where and how Agile frameworks came into being and why they play such a significant role in product development, especially in the 21st Century.
You will also learn how Agile and Scrum differ from traditional waterfall-style project management.
The first day of the Certified Scrum Master course focuses on context. Helping you understand what applications are best served by Scrum and how it all comes together in a lightweight framework to help you solve complex problems and create new products and features.
Learning how to become a Scrum Master.
The Certified Scrum Master course is interactive, fun, and engaging.
It is designed to teach you how to be a Scrum Master through actively working with the concepts and performing tasks throughout the course.
You will work within small teams across a wide variety of tasks, including Lego exercises, to help you experience what working in a small scrum team feels like.
At times, your Certified Scrum Trainer will act as a product owner, helping you understand what it feels like to actively work with a product owner before, during and after a sprint.
The course teaches you how to work in short, sharp bursts known as sprints, and helps to embed the experience in a visceral way.
In essence, you are learning how to do Scrum and how to be a Scrum Master within a Scrum Team.
The practical, engaging elements of the course are designed to embed the knowledge and skillset of the Scrum Master through actively doing tasks and engaging with the people in your team as well as the Product Owner.
We find this style of learning to be truly transformative for our delegates.
Scrum theory makes sense when you are actively working with the concepts and deeply engaged with other members of a scrum team within a scrum simulation.
The course is delivered in-person as well as online.
If you are interested in becoming a Scrum Master, visit our Certified Scrum Master course page.
Frequently Asked Scrum Master Questions
- What is Scrum?
- What is a Scrum Team?
- Do Scrum Masters work outside of Software environments?
- Do I need project management experience to become a Scrum Master?
- How does a Scrum Master differ from a Project Manager?
- Is the Scrum Master a member of the development team?
- What is the difference between a Scrum Master and a Product Owner?
- What is the Agile Manifesto?
- What are 3 traits of a good Scrum Master?
- Are there different levels of seniority amongst Scrum Masters?
- Can you create a Scrum environment in a company that isn’t Agile?
- Do I need to be a developer to be a Scrum Master for a software development team?
- How will I know if a Scrum Master role is a good fit for me?
- Must you be an expert in Scrum to become a Scrum Master?
- What are career opportunities for a Scrum Master?
- What do Scrum Masters do?
- What is a daily scrum and do Scrum Masters lead them?
Frequently asked Training and Certification questions
- Do you get course materials and textbooks on the CSM course?
- How well does a CSM course prepare you to be a Scrum Master?
- How well recognised and respected is the Certified Scrum Master course?
- What do I need to know before signing up on the CSM course?
- What is a Certified Scrum Master?
- What is a good certification path for a Scrum Master?
- What will you learn on a CSM course?
- Will I be able to lead a scrum team after doing a CSM course?
- Are there different Scrum Master certifications and how do they differ?
- Do companies invest in CSM courses or is it predominantly individuals?
- How long is the CSM course and how is it configured?
- Is the CSM course theoretical or practical?
- Is there an alumni group for CSM graduates?
- Is there an exam I need to pass to become a Certified Scrum Master?
- What can I do with a CSM credential?
- What is my earning potential as a Certified Scrum Master?